Foreword

Herein, I will attempt to archive my experiences with my dreamscape. You will find this journal filled with both normal dreams and, God willing, lucid dreams as well. I am not yet well versed in attaining lucidity, but that is not to say that I have not experienced it. Lucid dreaming is very real. I, too, thought it was a crackpot idea when I first heard the notion of attaining consciousness within a dream. I am very thankful that it piqued my interest enough to give it a shot. If nothing else, I hope that this blog can act as a source of inspiration (or at least entertainment) to it's visitors.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Strange Medicine

Note: Normal dream fragment.

My wife is driving, and I am a passenger in what seems to be a station wagon of some sort. My son is lying down in the trunk (the trunk starts immediately behind the front seats in this case).

I am in the back, and I have to give my son an injection of some sort. I have to insert a needle into his neck that is connected to a long tube. I must have been having some reluctance in doing it right, so the next thing I know, my wife is also helping (don't ask me who was driving the car). My job is to hold a sort of cup with padding on one end around the needle, while my wife squirts a huge syringe full of air into the open end of the cup. As she does this the level of fluid (looks clear like saline or something) within the cup slowly goes down, as I assume, it is pushed into his bloodstream.

The physics of this are really off, and for a moment it seems strange to me. I think I was on the verge of becoming lucid. I let off of the cup as I was distracted trying to figure out why things didn't seem right, and the fluid began to spill out. My wife is annoyed and admonishes me. She gives me "that" look.

I then have to pluck the needle out of his neck. It was an unpleasant experience.

JUMP

My son screams in fear from the back of the car. My wife reassures him that he doesn't have to worry any more. I don't think that his fear had anything to do with the treatment that we just gave him. I seem to remember that we are on the run from something, but all of the dream before the last fragment is lost to me now.

JUMP

I am back in the passenger seat. My wife tears off across an open field. I am like "what the heck are you doing?" She tells me this way is much shorter. I remain quiet to avoid an argument. I try to remember where it is we are, and where we are going in such a hurry, but I can't seem to find an answer.

AWAKENING

No comments: