Foreword

Herein, I will attempt to archive my experiences with my dreamscape. You will find this journal filled with both normal dreams and, God willing, lucid dreams as well. I am not yet well versed in attaining lucidity, but that is not to say that I have not experienced it. Lucid dreaming is very real. I, too, thought it was a crackpot idea when I first heard the notion of attaining consciousness within a dream. I am very thankful that it piqued my interest enough to give it a shot. If nothing else, I hope that this blog can act as a source of inspiration (or at least entertainment) to it's visitors.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Lucidity At Last!

Note: First fully lucid dream of any length.

I went to bed attempting to WILD as usual, but I must have fallen asleep on accident (this either usually happens, or I just don't recall the WILD experiences). I had set the alarm for six hours later, since my wife was working the next day, and that would give me a golden opportunity to try the WBTB technique.

AWAKENING

My alarm goes off, and I wake up long enough to use the bathroom and grab a drink. I hit the sack lying on my back and try for another WILD. Before settling in, I give myself a few directives such as: I WILL remember my dreams, I WILL do reality checks, and I WILL have a lucid dream. The WILD is unsuccessful, and I accidentally fall asleep.

JUMP

I'm sitting at a table in my high school cafeteria (second time for this setting) with many other non-distinct people.

I look down at my hands and have to do a double take. SIX FINGERS!! I immediately become aware that I am dreaming. There is no hesitation. I am completely amazed at how oblivious I was only moments before to the fact that this is a dream, regardless of the odd location I am in. The epiphany is quite exciting, and I jump up from my seat, holding my six fingered hands in front of me, and yell "Yes!!".

JUMP

My surroundings blur while I yell, and I end up in the kitchen of my cousin's house. I really don't know what to do with myself. I begin walking around and marvel at how real everything seems.

I continually look back at my hands to reassure myself that I really am dreaming. Still six fingers on each one.

At one point the sixth finger starts to become less clear. My brain must not be functioning at a very high capacity, because I am afraid that if my hands go back to having only five fingers, I will no longer be dreaming and any dream characters will immediately realize that I have been acting strangely. This is a completely irrational fear, and I should realize this, but I do not.

Fearing the sixth finger will disappear, I remember a technique that I learned in real life to increase lucidity. I stop looking at my hands and rub them together. Things immediately stabilize.

While wondering what to do with myself, I decide to try holding my nose. My fingers are not very dexterous, and I have a hard time finding my nose, since I cannot see it. I get an uncomfortable grip on it and squeeze. I can still breathe! Cool!

Well, having my brain at a lower level of function than in waking life, I could not think of anything to do (even though there are hundreds of things that I want to try in a dream), so I resorted to the one primal urge that every man possesses... Sex.

I immediately find my wife nearby, and take her downstairs into my cousins bedroom (it looks just as I remember it years and years ago). I lie her down on his bed and slip her bottom off (that's all she had on, anyway). I am about to begin, when my son appears on the stairway. My wife begins talking to him, and then follows him up the stairs. I know that I have missed my chance.

I have begun to lose some of my lucidity, and no longer realize that dream characters should do whatever I want.

I flip the light switch on in order to see what is on the posters hanging above my cousin's bed. There are a few football posters, and a couple centerfolds. The details of the posters begin to blur as I try to make them out.

AWAKENING

Hurray!! My first complete lucid dream! I have renewed confidence! I know I can do this now!

Finding time for the WBTB technique will be difficult, though... I've got to figure out how to keep my concentration for WILDing.

2 comments:

superdog said...

that's really cool

it only took a bit over a week!!

i'm going to try this

Seeker said...

You MUST try it! I think that the first time is definitely the easiest, due to the excitement and novelty of it all. Make sure that you spend a good while filling yourself up with reading about, thinking about and generally getting excited about LDs.

Unfortunately, it has been just over a full year since I last had a lucid dream. It is completely my fault, as I have not dedicated enough time or effort to things like reality checks and dream journals...

If you are going to do it, and you will undoubtedly enjoy it, you will crave more. Make sure you keep your resolve, and form those important habits. Don't fool yourself into thinking that you no longer require RCs or DJs because you have done it before. It doesn't work that way. At least not for me. Some people are naturals, though...

Good luck! Let me know what happens!!