Foreword

Herein, I will attempt to archive my experiences with my dreamscape. You will find this journal filled with both normal dreams and, God willing, lucid dreams as well. I am not yet well versed in attaining lucidity, but that is not to say that I have not experienced it. Lucid dreaming is very real. I, too, thought it was a crackpot idea when I first heard the notion of attaining consciousness within a dream. I am very thankful that it piqued my interest enough to give it a shot. If nothing else, I hope that this blog can act as a source of inspiration (or at least entertainment) to it's visitors.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Unlit Stairwell

I find myself at the entrance to an apartment style stairwell. As I step inside I notice a woman and her two children approaching the door as well. I hold the door for them. The stairwell is dark so I turn on the light switch. It doesn't work. There is another switch next to it so I flip it as well. A sputtering incandescent light strobes the stairwell and the woman walks up.

A feeling of oddity comes over me. I realize that I might be in a dream and consider running right off of the stairwell landing and flying. Exercising better judgment, I decide that I had better try an RC first, to be sure. Sometimes I just count my fingers while my arms are at my side by touching finger tips to thumb instead of raising them to look (in public for instance). As I do this, I imagine that if I am dreaming there is a goods chance I will find a fifth or sixth finger. As I pass my fourth finger and anticipate another I feel resistance.

I realize that I am wearing gloves, so I try to take it off quickly to verify what I felt. The glove is on so tight it is like trying to pull off wet rubber gloves without rolling them down. Once the glove is off, I don't even bother looking. I know that I am dreaming.

I step outside and try to remember my latest objectives. I remember that this moon's LD4all quest is to make/hear music/singing in your dreams and to try and remember it upon waking. I begin to anticipate hearing music from the sky above me.

I begin to feel my real body as I concentrate.

AWAKENING


Well, I failed at the quest for this moon, but what is interesting is that this is the first time that I have dealt with the classic broken light switch scenario in an LD. Perhaps next time, I will realize right away what is going on.

No comments: