Foreword

Herein, I will attempt to archive my experiences with my dreamscape. You will find this journal filled with both normal dreams and, God willing, lucid dreams as well. I am not yet well versed in attaining lucidity, but that is not to say that I have not experienced it. Lucid dreaming is very real. I, too, thought it was a crackpot idea when I first heard the notion of attaining consciousness within a dream. I am very thankful that it piqued my interest enough to give it a shot. If nothing else, I hope that this blog can act as a source of inspiration (or at least entertainment) to it's visitors.

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Elastic Back

Note: Low level of lucidity.

This is a very vague dream. It takes place in that sort of half sleep, just before you wake up naturally.

I think I can place the setting as a hallway just beside my old high school cafeteria.

I don't remember what lead up to this, but I found myself staring at a 3'x4' picture frame that somebody was holding out like a clown holds a circus ring for an animal to jump through. There were colors and movement through the frame, and it was not the same place on the other side.

Next thing I know, I am trying to pull myself through the frame into whatever lies on the other side. I gain a sort of semi-lucidity at this point, and realize that I am dreaming. I know that I have to get through the frame to stay lucid and in the dream, but it feels as though the cafeteria world is pulling me back. Its like there is a band of elastic that I am struggling against attached to my back.

I stare at my hands (this is normally a mechanism to gain lucidity, but here I try to use it to maintain). They are over sized, and have a green wireframe to them, like a 3D model. I chant "Stay lucid" to myself as i struggle to move forward. I begin to feel my real body breathing raggedly.

AWAKENING

I don't move, and immediately attempt to fall back asleep into the same setting. It takes only moments, and I am back in. Unfortunately, the exact same thing happens when I try to pull myself through the frame.

AWAKENING

If only I had been a little more lucid, I could have changed tactics. I realize that I might as well get up, because my body is done sleeping for the night.

--------------

I am starting to wonder if this breathing thing is going to prevent me from gaining full lucidity...

No comments: