Foreword

Herein, I will attempt to archive my experiences with my dreamscape. You will find this journal filled with both normal dreams and, God willing, lucid dreams as well. I am not yet well versed in attaining lucidity, but that is not to say that I have not experienced it. Lucid dreaming is very real. I, too, thought it was a crackpot idea when I first heard the notion of attaining consciousness within a dream. I am very thankful that it piqued my interest enough to give it a shot. If nothing else, I hope that this blog can act as a source of inspiration (or at least entertainment) to it's visitors.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Key Thief

Note: This is a fragmented normal dream.

I remember sneaking into my cousin's childhood home (this is my second dream there). The house belongs to my boss in this dream. I make my way to the room where my cousin's parents used to sleep. I am looking for something, but I cannot remember what.

I hear noises from another room in the house, and they sound like they are getting closer. I assume that my boss has returned home, even though he is supposed to be on vacation.

I kick into a frenzy to get out of the house, and quickly grab a huge buch of keys that are laying on the bedspread (apparently this is what I came for). I run for the door as the noises come closer. As I slowly try to close the front door without making a sound, I imagine him entering the back door of the house, and just narrowly escaping.

As I walk in front of a picture window I glance inside the house again, and see that there is a group of my friends in the kitchen (including Trey, who I haven't seen in years). I realize that they must have broken in too, and that the noises I heard must have been them.

I enter the kitchen and talk with them, and it turns out that they heard me as well, and likewise, thought the boss was returning home early.

They were also very interested in the keys fro some reason.

JUMP

I'm standing in front of the bosses desk, and trying to hold a conversation with him. We used to see very eye to eye, and had a mutual respect for eachother. He apparently had a change in attitude while he was on vacation, and I feel that everything he says is condescending.

AWAKENING
---------------

I couldn't remember my dream when I woke up, but it came seeping back to me in the shower. I think a stray thought about work may have triggered it.

So, the boss really is on vacation right now. I am switching employment soon, and he knows it. I think this dream is a result of this situation. Sometimes I feel like attitudes will change towards me, due to my career decision. Seems like I might be branded as a "traitor". I don't have much of a problem with this in real life, as the move will be good for me, but apparently my subconscious is struggling with it right now.

Perhaps the keys were to release the shackles of my current job. No wonder everyone wants to get at them...

No comments: