Foreword

Herein, I will attempt to archive my experiences with my dreamscape. You will find this journal filled with both normal dreams and, God willing, lucid dreams as well. I am not yet well versed in attaining lucidity, but that is not to say that I have not experienced it. Lucid dreaming is very real. I, too, thought it was a crackpot idea when I first heard the notion of attaining consciousness within a dream. I am very thankful that it piqued my interest enough to give it a shot. If nothing else, I hope that this blog can act as a source of inspiration (or at least entertainment) to it's visitors.

Friday, January 5, 2007

Monsters, Fire and Another Bus

Note: Normal dream.

I find myself walking into a house with a few other non-distinct people. After a short hallway, we enter into a dimly lit room.

My attention shifts to a female figure sitting on a throne of sorts in the back of the room. I know that she is in charge.

Out of the corner of my vision, I see one of my companions walk too close to a shape that I cannot make out in the shadows. A long arm shoots out of the darkness above him and grabs him up. I know that he has been eaten, but I am not too concerned. I don't think that I liked him.

The figure in charge points out another shape and calls out to it. At first I see one of those wooden blocks that both of your hands and your head fit into before being locked up. As the woman calls out, a blobulous (yeah, I know that's not a word) salmon toned shape begins to pour out of the head hole. A misshapen face eventually emerges as well. The huge face has a fanged, feline shaped grin that stretches from ear to ear. I remember the beady little eyes being quite disturbing.

I realize it is past time to make an exit. While walking out of the room, I take notice of another female shape strapped to a chair. Her long arms and taloned fingers are locked into a mechanism that only allows movement in one direction. Her neck ends in a gaping hole surrounded by long sharp teeth. Perhaps this is the creature that ate my companion earlier. I know to stay out of her range of motion as I walk past and out of the room.

JUMP

I'm with someone else that I know, standing around a bonfire in the middle of a neighborhood that I do not recognize (although it feels familiar in the dream).

I attempt to placed some sort of clear plastic bag filled with cotton and tinfoil (it was about the same size and shape as a mattress) on top of the fire. It ignites immediately, but the hot air gets caught up inside and makes the whole thing float off of the fire towards a nearby house! I fear that the house will catch ablaze, so I carefully grab one corner of the bag and lead it back towards the fire.

JUMP

I am part of a mob of people on our way to burn down the house from the first dream. After some events I cannot remember clearly, I see a smoldering pile of red/orange embers where the house once stood (strangely, though, the pile was only about four feet wide).

JUMP

I am on board a bus (imagine that, although it does not tip me off) full of survivors from the house we just burnt down. None of the atrocities survived. I have a feeling that they are all pretty unstable (deranged). My wife is on the bus, and warns me to stay away from them all.

I talk with the figure who was the leader before. She bets me $40 that I cannot find all of her children. I accept the wager, and set out to look for them.

There is a pair of twin girls (maybe eight or nine years old) with white hair in the seat directly in front of her. I take note of them, knowing that they belong to her.

As I reach the front of the bus, I see a young woman with long black hair and pale skin, sitting motionless. I feel very compelled to talk with her.


AWAKENING

No comments: