Foreword

Herein, I will attempt to archive my experiences with my dreamscape. You will find this journal filled with both normal dreams and, God willing, lucid dreams as well. I am not yet well versed in attaining lucidity, but that is not to say that I have not experienced it. Lucid dreaming is very real. I, too, thought it was a crackpot idea when I first heard the notion of attaining consciousness within a dream. I am very thankful that it piqued my interest enough to give it a shot. If nothing else, I hope that this blog can act as a source of inspiration (or at least entertainment) to it's visitors.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Nephilim

Another night without dream recall... Although I did remember a single word upon waking:

Nephilim.

Since I cannot remember anything else about the dream, here is what Wikipedia has to say about the Nephilim:


"In the Torah and several non-canonical Jewish and early Christian writings, nephilim (Hebrew, הנּפלים, those causing others to fall) are a people created by the crossbreeding of the sons of God (b'nei elohim, בני האלהים) and the "daughters of men"[1]. The word nephilim is loosely translated as giants or titans in some translations of the Bible, and is left as nephilim in others:
When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years." The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown."

Oh, and I tried the earplugs out last night. It was infinitely easier to get to sleep, but I woke up before my alarm went off feeling uncomfortable. My ear canals were sweating and irritated.

Maybe it just takes some getting used to...

No comments: