Foreword

Herein, I will attempt to archive my experiences with my dreamscape. You will find this journal filled with both normal dreams and, God willing, lucid dreams as well. I am not yet well versed in attaining lucidity, but that is not to say that I have not experienced it. Lucid dreaming is very real. I, too, thought it was a crackpot idea when I first heard the notion of attaining consciousness within a dream. I am very thankful that it piqued my interest enough to give it a shot. If nothing else, I hope that this blog can act as a source of inspiration (or at least entertainment) to it's visitors.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

First Chaining

For the first time, I was able to induce around 3 chained LDs near morning. They were mainly very low lucidity and therefore had become very explicit. I won't post the details here.

The most interesting aspect (and I think this may have been due to the half asleep/half awake state I was in) was that I didn't have to reality check at all. I just knew that I had transitioned into a dream. For those of you who are unfamiliar with chaining, it is a process involving laying motionless as soon as you awaken and visualizing the setting you just awoke from. If you can do it properly, you will fall right back to sleep and induce the same dream environment.

Unfortunately, each time I would fall back into the shallow sleep, I would be awoken by noises outside my bedroom.

Prior to the chaining, I recall a weird ND related to riding a hoveround around my old high school, and having people call me out for smoking. I would try my best to deny it, but somehow the fact that I was on a hoveround was proof enough (as if they went hand in hand or something). The part that sucked was that I remember knowing that in all reality I had NOT been smoking, but I could not convince anyone of this.

I also remember a dream of climbing down a tree in my parents front yard. I see my wife at bottom. The branches seem very far apart (more so than they ever were in real life).

Once I am on the ground I think to make a very determined effort to jump into the air and fly. I actually get a little air time. I think "Wow! Intention manifestation is no joke after all, and reality really is subjective..." then decide that is rediculous and look at my hands. My fingers change lengths as I turn them over. I begin to tell my wife that this is a dream, and a noise wakes me up.

All in all, I was very perceptive in my dreams this night. I don't think I have ever had as many LDs in a single night as I did last night. It's too bad they were not a bit more productive.

No comments: