Foreword

Herein, I will attempt to archive my experiences with my dreamscape. You will find this journal filled with both normal dreams and, God willing, lucid dreams as well. I am not yet well versed in attaining lucidity, but that is not to say that I have not experienced it. Lucid dreaming is very real. I, too, thought it was a crackpot idea when I first heard the notion of attaining consciousness within a dream. I am very thankful that it piqued my interest enough to give it a shot. If nothing else, I hope that this blog can act as a source of inspiration (or at least entertainment) to it's visitors.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

NATO, Another Bus and a Rough Morning

Note: Normal dream.

This dream begins during some sort of NATO war exercise in another country. I'm guessing the area is Eastern Romania, due to the nearby beach.

Me and my friend, Jason, are holed up on the floor of a bus (another bus. Once more and I'm gonna record this as a dream sign). We are the only people on board. I hear the blasts of ground burst simulators in the distance, and get up to look out the window just in time to see the smoke plumes rise up in the distance. There are non-distinct, one story buildings just outside the vehicle. We seem to be parked on a small city street.

I hear the sounds of movement near the bus, and Jason and I fall back to the floor. Two or three more simulators go off, just outside the vehicle with a thunderous boom.

Suddenly, an exercise evaluator peeks his head over the window and tells us to do something with the "roll pins". There are aircraft gun parts underneath the seats of the bus, and Jason begins to cover them with dark brown trash bag type plastic. I begin to help (I now know that the bus is some sort of supply depot). I assume that this means the assets have been damaged by the blast (don't ask; it made sense in the dream).

I then stand up, and know that I have to put the rest of the smaller parts (which are in categorized bins above the seats where a luggage rack would normally be) into zip-lock baggies. As I am doing this, I begin to fumble around so badly that small parts are missing the bag, and getting lost on the floor. I know that the parts are all tracked, and fear that I will be in a great deal of trouble the next time an inventory is done.

JUMP

The day is over, and I have retired to a two story colonial style house to sleep. There is something that I cannot put a finger on about the house. It is very familiar.

There were more events that took place in the house before I went to bed, but they elude me now.


JUMP

I wake up later than I should have in the morning, and I am thrown into a basic military training style rush. I quickly grab for toiletries to take with me as I get ready. I know that I only have one hour before work (this doesn't seem like long enough, even though the house is right next to the exercise area).

On the way out of the house, I realize that I had only grabbed the shampoo, but tell myself that I will just have to wash my entire body with it.

Once I am outside, I see the wash house a little ways down the street. There is a line out the front door that must be at least 100 people long. Panic sets in. I notice a few people further down the beach behind the building, washing themselves in the sea. I know that this is probably the only way I'll be done in time, so I head in that direction.

I briefly think of what might be swimming around in the water and feel a twinge of fear (I blame this on a creepy jellyfish encounter I had in the Black Sea).


AWAKENING

No comments: