Foreword

Herein, I will attempt to archive my experiences with my dreamscape. You will find this journal filled with both normal dreams and, God willing, lucid dreams as well. I am not yet well versed in attaining lucidity, but that is not to say that I have not experienced it. Lucid dreaming is very real. I, too, thought it was a crackpot idea when I first heard the notion of attaining consciousness within a dream. I am very thankful that it piqued my interest enough to give it a shot. If nothing else, I hope that this blog can act as a source of inspiration (or at least entertainment) to it's visitors.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Snow, Pilots and Bill Cosby

Note: This is a normal dream. I did not become lucid.

Setting: A large old town in the grips of winter. Reminded me of Russia. Cobblestone streets, stone walls and big old buildings.


The first thing I remember, I was walking past a trolley/bus type vehicle on a slushy dirt road outside of the town. There were a couple of USAF pilots in their green flight suits on board who continually jeered and berated me as I walked past. As I walk on, another pilot calls to me, and asks me to come aboard and help him if I want to. I say "You are an officer. I have to do what you say."

When I get on the trolley, he asks me to place objects in the seats for guests to pick up as they sit down. The item started out as a large wrench, but soon changed into black torque wrench cases bearing individual names.

Soon the rest of the pilots get on, and I can feel the tension begin to thicken as they take notice of me. I quickly decide to get off and walk home (towards the city). One pilot called out "Are you just gonna walk all the way home?" I turn around in hopes of attaining a kind ride back, but hear another say to the first pilot "What? Are you gonna, instead?" implying that the bus was already full.

Without waiting for an answer, I said "Yeah. Thanks a lot." sarcastically, and started the long walk back.

JUMP

I'm in town, and walking up a raised cobblestone path on top of a town wall of sorts. The wall apparently separates the level of town I am on with another level of smaller housing below.

My Grandmother is next to me, and I feel a great deal of love for her. I hug her close as we walk, kiss her forehead, and tell her how much she means to me. She remarks "It's funny how much you love me, even though I am still such a young Grandmother." In reality, she must be in her 70s now.

Up ahead I see many large stone buildings carved in different styles. I notice one in particular with a large green copper dome. My Grandmother says "There's those robber's house..." with disdain. I know that she is referring to the pilots from earlier.

I look to my left, over the wall to the town below. We are just about at the level of the rooftops. I see my son playing basketball with Bill Cosby in his blacktop driveway. I watch Bill take a three point shot, and miss the basket. I yell "Nice shot, Bill!" but he doesn't hear me. I remark on how cool it is that my Grandmother grew up in this town, and has always been good friends with Bill Cosby.

I yell out and grab my son's attention, below. He says hi, and yells "911, Dad! 911 about ten minutes ago, in the school yard! I hit him with a tool in the head!" I panic, and briefly think it strange that my son would wait and play a game of basketball before calling an emergency. I run towards the school and it's chain link fence a little further up the hill. I look around the yard, and catch site of a heap on the ground out of the corner of my eye.

AWAKENING

No comments: