Foreword

Herein, I will attempt to archive my experiences with my dreamscape. You will find this journal filled with both normal dreams and, God willing, lucid dreams as well. I am not yet well versed in attaining lucidity, but that is not to say that I have not experienced it. Lucid dreaming is very real. I, too, thought it was a crackpot idea when I first heard the notion of attaining consciousness within a dream. I am very thankful that it piqued my interest enough to give it a shot. If nothing else, I hope that this blog can act as a source of inspiration (or at least entertainment) to it's visitors.

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Meatballs & High Tech Boots

Note: All NDs.

I was cooking meatballs with my wife. She takes a bite of one, and her face twists as she chews through the gristle. Apparently they are not good meatballs.

Even so, we plan to go to lookout point and enjoy them with the family (I don't know where lookout point is, I must have made it up).

JUMP

I am lightheartedly chasing my wife through crowds of people in a college campus, a mall, and eventually even down a sidewalk.

Every time she outdistances me she hides, and I have to search for her as I reach the point that I last saw her. Each time she pops up somewhere nearby.

My wife runs up a hillside staircase that tees with a sidewalk and vanishes. As I reach the top of the stairs I look both directions and can't see her.

There is a young man standing there and I notice he is trying to lace his boots. He says that he is in the Navy and is trying to lace them properly. I pick one up and run the laces through. He tells me I did it wrong and pulls the laces back out.

I notice another man with the coolest boots I have ever seen. They are up to his knees, and bright white. I remember all kinds of gizmos attached as well.

He notices my interest and takes one off; offering to let me try it on. I take my shoes off and slip into the boots. I say "Dang, these are a little heavy."

The man points to the sidewalk across the street, and I see my wife who has re-appeared and is waving at me. My attention is drawn back to the boots...

I notice that the boots actually have speakers and a subwoofer attached. I see an LCD display that extends from the calf section as well. I exclaim how freakin' cool that is, and wonder what he displays on there. The man points to an entire computer system off to the side, and I imagine that he uses it to make flash presentations and such to show on his boots.

JUMP

I am in a building now and have taken off the uber-cool boots. I look around for my own shoes and find the pair. As I put them on I notice that only one of the pair is actually my own, and assume that someone must have grabbed one of mine and taken it upstairs with them.

The building is dormitory style, and I knock on the door of the first room. There is a man on the bed and I ask him if (insert name here) is around. He says no, but looks suspicious so I tell him what is up and press him a little harder.

He gives in and a couple of guys come out of hiding (one of which is the guy I am looking for). I explain the situation, but he says that he didn't take my shoe.

I give up and go back downstairs. I look at my shoe again, and notice the other one has re-appeared. As soon as I attempt to put them on, I realize that I have no socks.

I see a dresser with an overflowing drawer marked "Community Socks", and take a pair for myself. They look slightly used, but for some reason I would rather wear used socks than put on my shoes without any.

I finally slip my shoes on and leave. I wonder if my wife will be mad at me for being gone so long.

AWAKENING

No comments: