Foreword

Herein, I will attempt to archive my experiences with my dreamscape. You will find this journal filled with both normal dreams and, God willing, lucid dreams as well. I am not yet well versed in attaining lucidity, but that is not to say that I have not experienced it. Lucid dreaming is very real. I, too, thought it was a crackpot idea when I first heard the notion of attaining consciousness within a dream. I am very thankful that it piqued my interest enough to give it a shot. If nothing else, I hope that this blog can act as a source of inspiration (or at least entertainment) to it's visitors.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Eternal Equinox & Chuck E. Cheese

Note: Normal dreams.

I wake up in my Grandfather's house (yes, again with this place... You'd think I'd have realized by now...) from a nap.

I make my way into the bathroom, not bothering to turn on the light. As I stand at the toilet, the darkness begins to un-nerve me. The window is right above the toilet so I reach to pull the shades up. When the shades are raised I notice that it is light out, and a shock runs through me; crap! I must have slept all night... Now i'll be late for work!

I run into the kitchen, and noticed that the clock says 1:30 (somehow I know that this means 1:30 in the morning, not the afternoon). Now I am confused. How could it be the middle of the night and light outside?

I walk out of the house, and begin to make my way up a trail through the forest to my own house. I see my old friend, Nevin, along the way. I ask him why it is light out in the middle of the night, and he says "Relax. It's just the eternal equinox..." Oh yeah... of course, I think (as if that made any sense at all). I continue up the path to my house.

When I reach the house I find my father on the front porch. My son is also there, riding his bike in the front yard.

Something catches my eye in the sky. I point it out to my father. The middle of the sky is covered in dark red/orange clouds surrounded on all sides with darker gray/black. The red/orange clouds are tumultuous (like churning magma or something), and there is blue lightning spouting out in all directions. The lightning doesn't flash towards (or from) the ground though, it wriggles about and moves around the cloud like a giant Tesla coil.

The whole scene is not threatening; in fact it is very beautiful, and my father agrees. We both sit down on the edge of the porch and watch... completely content. Everything has a strange but familiar calm to it... I imagine this is the type of calm that would descend upon the world just before the end. I am absolutely relaxed as I observe the sky, occasionally glancing to my son enjoying his bicycle, and enjoy the long moment with my father.

JUMP

I am with my wife and son in a Chuck E. Cheese type building. I am becoming more and more agitated by the minute. I am very worried about the amount of sleep I got the night before (if you could call it that) affecting my work day, and every minute that slips by in this place is another minute I won't be able to catch a nap before work time.

Finally, my wife rounds the corner with a bag containing three giant sesame seed burgers and I recount my agony to her in hopes that we can leave sooner. My son rounds the corner from playing some video games and I ask him if he is ready to go.

AWAKENING
__________________________________________

BTW, I had this dream the other night where I was being chased by a bunch of bloated, disease ridden cattle. Their skin was cracked and bleeding, and they looked like walking corpses. I tried to jump on top of a truck to avoid them, but they overturned the vehicle in their rampage.

They never actually hurt me, but every time they would catch up to me they would charge in just close enough so that my hand would touch their festering, sickly swollen skin before I could escape again... *shudder*

No comments: