Foreword

Herein, I will attempt to archive my experiences with my dreamscape. You will find this journal filled with both normal dreams and, God willing, lucid dreams as well. I am not yet well versed in attaining lucidity, but that is not to say that I have not experienced it. Lucid dreaming is very real. I, too, thought it was a crackpot idea when I first heard the notion of attaining consciousness within a dream. I am very thankful that it piqued my interest enough to give it a shot. If nothing else, I hope that this blog can act as a source of inspiration (or at least entertainment) to it's visitors.

Friday, February 9, 2007

Snakes, Tornados and Video Games

Note: Long normal dream. The second part seems connected to the first, as if it is happening in the same area.

I am standing at the edge of an open field next to a familiar road in the town I grew up in. My Uncles electric motor shop would normally be across the street, but i do not take notice in this dream.

I am with about three other people, one man and two women as far as i can remember. There is a large shrub, or boulder, or egg sack or something in front of us (I can't remember what it looked like, just that it was nearly round). Stands about five feet tall.

Suddenly green snakes of all sizes begin pouring out of the formation. I don't remember the snakes being particularly aggressive, but it was quite startling regardless.

At this point someone suggests we do something with the snakes (I don't remember what, exactly), and I blurt out "Uh, I'm gonna have to say, HELL no...". I don't exactly have a phobia of snakes. I can stand to be around them, but I can think of a thousand things I'd rather do than touch them.

Anyhow, some sort of conversation takes place while everyone participates in whatever it is I refused to do. I tip toe around the grass, trying to avoid the snakes.

As I watch one of them, I see little flaps (much like the ears of a frog) split open just behind the head, and long, jointed appendages stretch out. The appendages begin to whirl in small circles; faster and faster until the snake actually lifts off of the ground. This freaks me the hell out. Snakes are one thing, but flying snakes are hugely more frightening. I begin to panic until I realize that they are all flying off across the open field to the West. I mention to one of the individuals around me that giving snakes wings kind of classifies them as dragons, as far as i can tell.



As I watch them fly off into the distance, the sky catches my eye. It is very dark, and I can see an even darker formation taking shape vertically. It takes me a second, but I soon realize that I am looking at a huge tornado, and lo and behold, its headed right in my direction.

I look around for a structure suitable to take cover in. I see a brick building about 1000 feet away, but it's in the direction of the tornado. I decide to risk it anyhow, and begin running towards the building. The running is classic slow-mo, can't move as fast as I need to, dream style. I manage to make the building though, just as the wind picks up.

One of the people with me, who I now identify as my good friend, Matt, yells "I am going to go stay in my truck!". I advise against it, but he is too worried about his truck, and runs off anyway.

The door to the building is too far away to make it in time, but I see a stone fence of sorts surrounding what looks like some kind of power station. The fence has a stone gate as well, and I duck inside with another unidentifiable individual. We hold the gate shut as the winds pick up drastically, only opening it long enough to let another individual squeeze in at the last minute.

The ground shakes, and the winds are deafening. Debris streams through the air all around us. The tornado is passing directly over the building. After about 30 seconds, everything calms, and I can see yellow sunlight peeking through the clouds above. I am tempted to leave the cover, but know that this must only be the eye of the tornado. Just as I assumed, the winds pick up again shortly after, and last for another 30 seconds.

Once the tornado has passed we leave the shelter to survey the area. To the North, I can see two more funnels forming quickly. This time there is a chance to run for the doors. I realize that this is a weather tracking station, so it should be optimal for protection during this sort of thing.

I duck inside the doors, and into a lobby. The North wall is filled with tall windows. I can see the tornados coming, and briefly wonder how we could be safe with a long wall of windows between us and the storm. I think the windows must be double paned (as if that makes any difference) and dismiss the subject.

I realize that I am now accompanied by my son's boy scout pack, and a couple other older people lounging around the lobby. One of the older men has a snack table set up, and one of the children is asking him if he can have something. The man explains that he can have something if he is willing to trade for it.

After a few minutes I notice the child sneak under the table and grab a pack of cookies when the man isn't looking. I chastise the boy, and ask him if he remembers what the man had said. He gives the older man a candy bar wrapped in pink foil, and everyone seems satisfied.


I decide to walk through some swinging doors into the weather watcher's office.

JUMP

I find myself playing a hand held game. The player character is a chibi sized girl in a pink frilly dress. The game plays like a bubble bobble style platformer. I have to make my way down the level, which consists of candy cane, and cloud like horizontal platforms. I collect items worth points, and avoid bubbles full of lightning bolts while I jump and fall through the level. It is fun, and I am doing rather well. I am nearly at the bottom of the level when...

AWAKENING

No comments: