Foreword

Herein, I will attempt to archive my experiences with my dreamscape. You will find this journal filled with both normal dreams and, God willing, lucid dreams as well. I am not yet well versed in attaining lucidity, but that is not to say that I have not experienced it. Lucid dreaming is very real. I, too, thought it was a crackpot idea when I first heard the notion of attaining consciousness within a dream. I am very thankful that it piqued my interest enough to give it a shot. If nothing else, I hope that this blog can act as a source of inspiration (or at least entertainment) to it's visitors.

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Guns and Golems

I find myself in a cave system, looking into an antechamber filled with large boulders. There is a ring of boulders around wall of the chamber that stand about 10 feet tall.

I have a feeling that there is some sort of secret passage out of this room, but I know that I have tried everything to find it in the past. I contemplate what type of skill would help me to find the secret entrance, and consider using Libra (another FFXII influence). A small trail between two of the boulders catches my eye.

As soon as I enter the room, I see flying creatures that look like giant grass hoppers careening towards me from out of the darkness above. I begin firing off what is either a bow or a gun at them, and they fall easily.

I make my way along the pathway between the boulders, and the cave opens up onto a beach scene (hello! another missed dream sign). Just outside of the cave are a couple of rundown huts, with debris scattered about. Somewhere around them I find an odd gun. I look down the shoreline and take in the blue water and palm trees.

Suddenly I notice a giant gray stone golem slowly marching towards me about half a mile down the shoreline where the water meets the shore. The golem is humongous, and must stand around 100 feet tall. It is obvious that it must be coming for me.

I fire off a volley of rounds with my newfound gun. All of the rounds arc and fall short of their target. The gun just doesn't have enough range. I begin to panic, but realize that there is another mode to try.

This time I hold the trigger down, and the gun charges. As i release the trigger, a brilliant stream of white hot flame and energy jumps forth, and extends off into the distance. As the beam reaches it' s maximum length, I see a cache of round black bombs fall from the air where it stopped. As they strike the ground, carnage ensues; everything around them is torn asunder.

Unfortunately, the beam fell short of the monstrosity, so i adjust the angle and try again. This time the beam ends just prior to actually striking the creature, and the bomblets fall at it's massive feet. The explosion is deafening, and I watch as the golem breaks apart and tumbles to the ground.

JUMP

I am sitting on an old wooden dock along the shore, and browsing through a catalog of sorts. The catalog seems to be interactive, and is laid out much like the gambit system in FFXII (yeah, it's getting a little old). I am trying to decide between what looks like a long and short version of a machete. As I try to decide, I cycle back and forth between the two and weight the pros and cons of each. In hindsight, I assume this was another influence from Final Fantasy, as I probably gained some rewards from defeating the grass hoppers and the golem, and was just trying to figure out where to spend them.

AWAKENING

No comments: