Foreword

Herein, I will attempt to archive my experiences with my dreamscape. You will find this journal filled with both normal dreams and, God willing, lucid dreams as well. I am not yet well versed in attaining lucidity, but that is not to say that I have not experienced it. Lucid dreaming is very real. I, too, thought it was a crackpot idea when I first heard the notion of attaining consciousness within a dream. I am very thankful that it piqued my interest enough to give it a shot. If nothing else, I hope that this blog can act as a source of inspiration (or at least entertainment) to it's visitors.

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Snoring Contest & Losing Friends

Plenty of dreams tonight, but I only remember two, as they were close to awakening.

I am listening to sound bites that people have sent in (to where, I don't know). I am judging some sort of contest for the best snore.

I decide on a winner. It is a disgusting, wet sounding snore... Loud and persistent, and had I not been judging the contest would be the type to really tick me off.

AWAKENING

I awaken to find that the obnoxious snoring is coming from my wife. It is the most nerve grinding sound I have ever heard. I get up to use the bathroom after about three hours of sleep, and think this might be a good time to attempt a WILD.

I lay back down and decide to try using a spiraling technique I read about recently on LD4all.

The snoring is so bad that I have to shake the bed to try and make her shift. No luck. I am so annoyed by the snoring that I forget to WILD and eventually fall asleep stressed out.

(dreaming now) I am a little depressed that two of my good friends are moving away.

There is a knock at the door and I answer it. It is Leah, one of the friends I had mentioned. I realize that she is here to exchange small coins with me (apparently this is one of those things that you do on a regular basis, such as drinking coffee with a friend).

We both stretch out on the couch and I begin counting out dollars worth of coins to trade bills for.

I decide to breach the subject, and say "I wish you and Matt would not move away" (or something like that). She looks at me puzzled. I add "I mean there is no good reason to anyway." out of desperation. "Seriously. All Matt is moving for is to get a tan." This made sense at the time.

We continue to talk about how I felt on the subject. Eventually I end up giving in. I feel very saddened that I am probably losing two of my best friends.

After we are through counting coins, Leah makes her way to the door. I know this may be the last time I see her. The dream ends in a long depressing hug.

AWAKENING

No comments: