Foreword

Herein, I will attempt to archive my experiences with my dreamscape. You will find this journal filled with both normal dreams and, God willing, lucid dreams as well. I am not yet well versed in attaining lucidity, but that is not to say that I have not experienced it. Lucid dreaming is very real. I, too, thought it was a crackpot idea when I first heard the notion of attaining consciousness within a dream. I am very thankful that it piqued my interest enough to give it a shot. If nothing else, I hope that this blog can act as a source of inspiration (or at least entertainment) to it's visitors.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Birds, Short Shorts, Castles & Junk

Note: All normal dreams.

Fragment: Looking at an annual credit report in the mail and being distraught that our rating is a 30. I look again later and it says 50. HELLO!!! DREAM SIGN!!!! No such luck; instead I am happy that it is at least up to a 50 now...

JUMP

I am with a couple other people who I know are friends of mine. There is a large egg on the floor, and we are lamenting the fact that it didn't make it. Apparently it is never going to hatch.

One of the people with me begins to handle the egg, to our objections. The shell begins to crumble away, revealing a creamy red membrane beneath. For a second I am a little revolted, and angry at my friend for disturbing the egg.

Suddenly I notice movement beneath the membrane, and I draw the others attention to it. A beak tears through; followed by a feathered head. Soon the entire creature has emerged from the shell. The critter is a bird of sorts with a huge smiling beak that dwarfs the rest of its body. "It must be a Dodo!" I exclaim.



My mind flips on, and I begin to process that statement. Once again, logical thinking floods in, as I realize Dodo birds are extinct.

AWAKENING

I am standing just inside the huge wooden gates of a castle. I know that the castle is under siege, and I am inspecting the gates because soon they will be subjected to the battering ram. I look at the huge timber that should hold the doors closed, and assume that it will do the trick.

The pounding of the ram begins, and the stone around the gate starts to shake. Dust and gravel showers from the ceiling with the impacts. The doors creak, but seem to be holding. The position of the battering ram seems to change, and it now begins ramming the top of the doors as opposed to the center. I know that the gates can't hold like this because the timber is only stretched across the middle. The wood begins to weaken.

I panic, and wonder why there are not archers firing on the ram from the parapets. I run in that direction, but have a hard time finding the stairs up. When I finally find the way, I see that no one is there at all, in fact there is no defense whatsoever.

Just as I ponder the lack of defenses I hear the gates splinter (actually, I see the gates splinter in a sort of cut-scene format, which should have lead to a reality check but didn't), and see the enemy reach through the hole and release the timber.

I run into the center of the castle, and search for a place to hide. I run through a maze of corridors and end up at a dead end in a bedroom on the third floor. I know the enemy is hot on my tail, and look for some place out of sight. The wall is all windows from top to bottom, and I climb through one, intending to hang from the ledge where I would not be seen.

A man enters the room, and spots me right away as apparently I didn't take into account the fact that the whole wall is windows, so hiding outside of them was really pretty foolish.

JUMP

I am in the center of the castle again. I am with a woman who I know as the princess, and we are both held captive.

We are to be transported somewhere, and will be accompanied by a pudgy blonde young man.

We make our way through a system of underground tunnels, filled with ancient stone architecture. It is very dark, as we come up a staircase into a mansion. The rooms are only illuminated by moonlight pouring through the windows. I can make out the shapes of antique furniture (ok given the time period the furniture is probably not antiqued yet), with elaborate designs.

We walk up to the second floor and into a dining room lit by candle light. I catch sight of an object on the table, and quickly pull it from it's holder. It turns out to be a pitchfork shaped cooking utensil, but the ends are sufficiently pointed to act as a weapon.

Before our capture can react, I am behind him, holding the utensil to his neck. The princess is shocked, and asks me not to hurt him.

JUMP

We are still in the dining room, and have devised a plan to escape from the captures for good. The plan involves taking the young man to the airport and putting him on a flight to another country. Ok, this in itself should have been a huge dream sign, since the time period was not correct for airplanes, let alone the fact that the plan doesn't make any sense. Maybe it triggered something after all, since I don't remember any more of the dream.

JUMP

I am at a party of sorts, and anticipate the fast approaching event that we will be playing as a band at. I think it is some sort of festival or parade.

I am running through a list of items that I was supposed to bring with me, to ensure that I didn't forget anything. I am also wondering if I wore the correct type of shoes.

I grab a soda, and begin to chat with my friend Matt. Suddenly a feeling of dread hits me, as I remember I have forgotten the most vital thing; my trumpet! I tell Matt "Oh my God, I forgot my freaking trumpet!!". I ask what time the event is, and how long I have to go back and get the instrument. Matt tells me the time of the event, but I cannot make out the clock to see what time it is (darn it; this could have made for a good RC!).

I run into a room and find two women, and know that one of them had driven here. I relate my story, and ask her if she can drive me back to get my trumpet. She seems very suspicious, like I just plan to get her back to my place. She asks where I left it, and I say it's at my sister's house. This just heightens her suspicion for some reason, but just as she is about to tell me to get lost, the other woman speaks up and assures her that I am telling the truth.

We are on our way out the sliding glass door when I turn around and see my son wearing some very small shorts. I belt out "nice knickers!", and see that I have hurt his feelings. I add "Just kidding." as an inadequate afterthought, but it doesn't seem to help, and I feel like a jerk.

I realize that everyone is wearing the odd shorts, and suddenly remember that we are dressed in a German theme. I ask someone whether I am supposed to be wearing the shorts too, and they confirm my fears. Now I am missing my trumpet, AND the shorts I should be wearing!

AWAKENING

My wife and I enter a used furniture store. We are walking towards a room in the back, as she apparently has something in mind. I look into another room to the left, and see some odds and ends that look rather antique.

JUMP

We are in a room with a bunch of junk and a huge grand piano. There are two salesmen in the room, and my son is there too.

My wife is trying to convince me to buy the piano. I look at the item in question. It is that horrible yellow/orange 70s color finish, and when the salesman opens the door over the keys, I see that the interior is painted in pastel shades of blue and green, with some bowl shaped art deco ornaments fastened to the sides. The whole thing is gigantic as well.

I ask my wife what the heck she plans on doing with it? It won't fit in our house, and besides that, neither of us know how to play the piano. She replies that she wants to buy it for the music club on our cruise ship (um, riiiiight)... Then she asks the salesman how much he is asking. He says $700.

I begin to get angry and say there is no freaking way I'm paying $700 for an ugly piano that we can't even use. The salesman then says that he will give it to us for $500, obviously misinterpreting my intentions. Exasperated, I say "Fine, how about I give you $700 for the damn thing, and you guys re-stain it?" He says he wishes it were possible, but they cannot do that.

Desperate to deter my wife now, I blurt out "Hey, how about we get you a guitar instead?" (in real life she has been oohing over cellos and violins, not guitars), and her eyes widen in anticipation.

The salesman shows her a few stringed instruments, and she picks up something the size of a violin. After a few minutes, she inexplicably begins tossing the instrument up in the air and catching it. This confuses me, and I am about to say "You break it, you buy it..." when she fails to make the catch, and the instrument slams to the floor. I am extremely stressed out now, and run over to the remains, only to find that it is just a painting of a violin on a wooden block cut to fit the shape.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see my son sitting indian style on the floor tossing some fine china in the air. I can't take it any more and yell at him to get on the freaking bench and sit on his hands! The second salesman is startled when I raise my voice, but the first one gives him a look to stay out of it.

I can't wait to get out of this store.

AWAKENING
----------------------------------------
Interesting stuff, eh? The last dream was in a very shallow sleep, and around the cruise ship part I was aware of myself lying in bed and consciously though about performing a reality check in the dream, but decided against it due to the fact that it would probably just wake me up anyway (boy I wish I had thought twice about that).

Also interesting is the fact that I had been drinking heavily the night before, and I had always thought that DR was supposed to be virtually eliminated with alcohol. While I didn't really remember anything immediately upon waking, all of these dreams came back gradually over about an hour's time.

No comments: